Tuesday, November 1, 2011

{Halloween 2011}

So the story behind our costumes is that Max was a spider for his first Halloween and I wanted to use the costume again because I loved it so much. I tried to think of a theme that would work for both kids with the spider and the only thing I could come up with was Little Miss Muffet or The Spider and The Fly. I was not about to dress up my little dollbaby in a fly costume. I looked online for a Little Miss Muffet costume and couldn't find any that came close to fitting Lila so I asked my MIL Vicki, to make Lila's costume for her. The only things I had already were a smocked pink dress and black mary jane shoes. She said it would be no problem to make the apron and hat. So off to the fabric store I went with no clue as of what to buy. Basically I showed up with a bag of random fabric and trims that I picked out. She made this costume in few hours and WITHOUT ANY PATTERN. How on earth she does this, I will never know but I cannot tell you how much I ADORE this costume! So I thank you G-Ma for the AMAZING Little Miss Muffet costume you made for Lila. It turned out better than I could have imagined.So here are my little cuties in all their Halloween glory:Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet (What is a tuffet anyway? We used an Ikea stool from the playroom...I am assuming this is an acceptable substitution for a modern-day tuffet. Also adding that I have no idea what curds and whey are so that part got left out as well.)
Along came a spider
And sat down beside her
And frightened Miss Muffet away
Max has been REALLY into dress-up and make-believe lately. I have been collecting things for him to play with and dress up in and he absolutely loves it. Well, he came across his Halloween costume from 2 years ago and INSISTED on wearing it again this year. He was a cowboy sheriff riding a horse. I was NOT about to argue with a saving $40 on a new costume so a cowboy sheriff he was!...a few sizes too small but he couldn't have cared less.Now, while I have 50 million pics of Jack and Lila in their costumes, I only have about 5 of my big guy because he was WAY too excited to get out there and score some candy with his best buddy Gavin. Sigh...I guess this is the beginning of the end. :::holds back tears:::
Can you tell how excited they are?! Gavin's dad had to get them started early because they were coming out of their skin waiting on the babies to get ready.
Here are a few extra pics just because
It seems as though Little Miss Muffet actually likes her spider. :)
This melts me.
Checking out the loot
"The sorting of the candy", possibly the best part of Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment