How Far Along: 24 weeks!!
Total Weight Gain: 18 pounds...I gained 4 lbs in 3 weeks...not too shabby!
Movement: All.The.Time.
Food Cravings: Still the same...donuts and cherry cordial ice cream. However, I have added another healthy craving. Right now I am loving Greek yogurt topped with a sliced banana or blueberries, drizzled with honey, and then sprinkled with granola. It is like an ice cream sundae but healthier! It is soooo good and it each serving of greek yogurt has 14 grams of protein! This is a much better option for me for breakfast and it really stays with me.
Clothing: So I have decided to add this section because it is starting to become humorous. I can barely fit into my maternity clothes that I wore when pregnant with Max. I have had to buy a lot of new stuff because my belly is so much bigger this time. Rather than xsmalls and smalls, I am now in mediums and larges. I am finding that long maxi dresses are the most comfortable and stretchy for now. Also loving shirts with the ruched sides because they feel the best on my belly.
As far as pajamas go, there is nothing that fits me...I mean nothing. I have resorted to wearing Adam's gym shorts and xl t-shirts. I cannot tell you how hilarious I look while wearing these clothes. But it is either adam's clothes or nothing but underwear...And my beached-whale lookin body ain't about to be sleeping in only underwear these days. Ugh...gross. I am seriously thinking about going to Wal-Mart or Meijer and checking out some mumus (sp?) just to see if they are as comfortable as everyone says they are.
I really cannot envision any maternity clothes fitting comfortably in the next month or so. This belly is just becoming more out of control every single day.
I will definitely be updating this section more frequently to keep you all abreast of the mumu situation should I decide to "go that way".
How Am I Feeling: Not well. It wouldn't be a true "Courtney" update without some whining. I am having some major back pain which I was really hoping to avoid. I am not sure if I injured myself or if it is the same SI joint issue I had when I was pregnant with Max. The pain feels the same and is in the same spot so I am farely sure that it is my SI joint. After having spoken to other mom's of multiples, it seems as though pain in any area but most especially in the back and hips is unfortunately a very normal part of carrying twins. This pain is due to the rapid weight gain that happens with a multiples pregnancy and also a uterus that grows at twice the normal rate. Also unfortunate, is the fact that there are very few treatments that can be used during pregnancy. I tried most everything since I had such back pain with Max. I found relief from warm baths, thermacares or heating pads (not so pleasant to use when it is 90 degrees outside), and aquatic physical therapy, which my doctor has now referred me to. I will be calling in the morning to make an appoinment so I can hopefully get some relief very soon.
Doctor Appointment Updates: Had an appointment this past Friday with Dr.A. Took my glucose test...yum! Don't have the results of that yet.
We talked most extensively about all the contractions I have been having. He suggested that we try a drug called Procardia that is normally used to lower BP but can also help to treat pre-term labor. I told him I would pefer not to take the medicine if possible because of the side effects. I told him that when I start to have contractions, I lay down on my left side and start to chug water and that it has been helping to stop them. He said as long as I am able to control the contractions using this method I can continue on without medication for now. But as soon as this method stops working I will have to go on the meds because if the contractions continue untreated they can eventually dilate the cervix and cause PTL which we are way too early for.
He did measure my uterus "officially", and I do indeed measure a 32 week pregnancy. This would explain why it is so hard to do....EVERYTHING! This worries me a little bit considering that my water broke on its own at 37.5 weeks with Max. That would put me at a 29.5 week delivery for these babies and that would be NO GOOD! My gut feeling on this is that if I dilate even .5 centimeters, I will be put on permanent bed rest until delivery. Fine with me if it means keeping these babies cooking for as long as they need to be.
My next u/s is a growth scan to check the babies sizes and weights and to make sure that they are both growing at the same rate. That is scheduled for next Tuesday. Then that following Friday I have another OB check with Dr. A.
6 months already, I'm sure it feels like forever for you but I just can't believe it. I know you feel big and sloppy but honestly you look stunning pregnant. You are tall and thin with this beautiful baby belly and you are glowing. Seeing you at Rousters you look so happy and honestly you look great. I know it's different when you are the one carrying the babies but I do want you to know just how great you look! Loved the pic's and the updates. Keep em coming!!
ReplyDelete