Thursday, July 8, 2010

23 weeks!

How Far Along: 23 weeks 5 days

Total Weight Gain: 14 pounds...updated weight coming Friday

Movement: Almost constant movement. One of them is always beating me up on the inside now.

Food Cravings: Well, let's see...Max's school is right near a UDF that happens to sell Buskins donuts. I waddle in there every Tuesday and Thursday morning to get a chocolate covered yeast donut and a coffee (don't judge me, I like my coffee and I don't want to hear about it). Don't know if that is a craving or me just being a fat-a$$ but regardless, they are delish and I don't plan on stopping my routine until I have to.
Also still eating Cherry Cordial ice cream every night. I went a couple of days without it and had to have it back. My belly has become a lovely resting place for my heaping bowl of ice cream that I have in bed every night.
I should probably throw in something healthy that I have been eating lately so ya'll don't think my babies are going to come out dusted in sugar. I have been eating a ton of fresh fruit. I just love summer fruits. I keep bowls of cherries, blueberries (we picked them ourselves and they are SOOOOOO good), and grapes in the fridge to munch on all day long. Also loving the nectarines right now...really juicy. And of course, I eat a banana every day.


How Am I Feeling: Really, really big and uncomfortable. I am measuring 32 weeks along so obviously, I am feeling just like a third trimester mommy right now. Big, lazy, fatigued, oh...and very sloppy. By sloppy, I mean I am too fat to cross my legs when I sit which totally grosses me out...I feel very uncomfortable not sitting like a lady. Also, I spill or drip EVERYTHING on my belly. I am also still experiencing tons of contractions every day. Still the harmless Braxton Hicks ones but still very uncomfortable. I feel like I cannot breathe when I have them now. They are a normal part of pregnancy and are more frequent because of the twins and are even MORE frequent because of the sweltering heat right now. If I get even the slightest bit dehydrated I will have a lot more of them than usual. The cure for me still is tons of water and lying down on my left side. Works every time.

Doctor Appointment Updates: Had a bio-physical ultrasound this past Tuesday morning. In a singleton pregnancy you are supposed to do kick counts every day to ensure that your baby is developing well and getting lots of exercise and practice. With two, it is impossible to do a kick count because sometimes it is very hard to tell who is kicking when. So they do these bio-physicals to check for movement, breathing, and fluid around each baby.
Both babies were jumping around all over the place and kicking each other. Our little girl was sucking her thumb (so cute) with one hand and shielding her face with the other because her brother was repeatedly kicking her in the face with the bottom of his foot. I was cracking up because they were literally hand to foot. Right now they are pretty squished in there and the membranes seperating them are about as thin as a latex glove so they can feel everything the other one does. It was pretty entertaining to watch them fight. I'm sure I won't find this as humorous in the coming years.
Both babies also had the hiccups which is a great thing! Hiccups are considered breathing exercises and for both babies to have them this early is a great sign. The u/s tech was thrilled with this and said they are looking VERY healthy in the lung department.
She also checked for fluid around each baby. Both had lots of amniotic fluid to swim around in so that is also a great sign.
All-in-all it was a great check up. I have another OB appointment this Friday and following that I will have another u/s at 24 weeks that is called a growth scan. It is to check each babies weight to make sure they are around the same size and developing at the same rate. Fine with me because I love getting to see our babies all the time. There is nothing better in my opinion!!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great update! So happy that you get to see them interacting already...pretty cool! Can't wait to hear more...keep us updated on the appts and such...and hope everything with the new house is going wonderful!

    ReplyDelete