Babies had their 2 month well visit today. Lila and Jack both weigh 9lbs 15oz. Poor babies got their vaccines and have bandaids all over their legs.
The phrase "well" visit is a bit misleading considering that Lila has been sick for over two weeks now. I don't even know how many times she has been to the doctor in the past couple of weeks. First she had to go to the doctor for a TERRIBLE exzema rash all over her face and neck. Then she and Jack both went in a few days later for Reflux. A few days after that Lila got a low-grade fever from the cold she got from me (go mom!). Had to go back in last Friday because the cold developed into an ear infection. Now the poor thing has horrible diahhrea from the antibiotic she was given and has lost almost a whole pound. We have stopped the antibiotic and she is now on a special anti-diahrrea formula and probiotics. I hope my little girl starts to feel better soon. My heart just aches for her.
Other than that, things are starting to settle down a bit around here. Adam had been suggesting for a long time now that we hire someone to help me out with the babies. I was totally against it for the longest time. I felt very guilty hiring someone to do MY JOB. I am a stay-at-home-mom. My job is to take care of my kids and run the household. After driving myself into the ground for a month and a half trying to get everything done around the house and keep all three kids happy, I was completely exhausted, physically and mentally. I finally gave in...and...I am a NEW woman.
We hired a girl through a temp agency that staffs nurses, nurses aids, and medical assistants. Her name is Emily and she is amazing! She is a State Licensed Nurses Aid and a Certified Medical Assistant. She is sweet, caring, affectionate and comfortable with the babies, punctual, resposible and I really like her personality. She is going to be helping me out 3-4 days a week.
I am so glad that I finally gave in because it has made the biggest difference in my mood. I am finally able to spend some quality time with Max. And I am finally able to do the laundry and wash bottles and pay bills without feeling guilty because someone is screaming. I am a better wife and a better mother. I cannot thank Adam enough for this. I would also like to thank those of you that were supportive to me in making this decision.
Babies are finally asleep and I am off to take my sweet boy to the park on this beautiful day. Yay!!
P.S. I know there are tons of spelling errors...I don't have time to spell check today so please don't judge.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay Court!! So glad that Emily is working out...good job! Hope you guys had a good Turkey Day and that Lila is back to herself!!
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog and am so happy to read it.
ReplyDeleteI am a new mom and felt like asking for help
Was a sign of failing. I think I am going to ask
For help after reading this as I am starting to cry more
Often Thank you