Sunday, June 20, 2010

21 weeks!!

How Far Along: 21 weeks

Total Weight Gain: 14 pounds...Just weighed in this morning.

Movement: Tons and tons of strong kicks from both babies. Sometimes both at the same time...very strange

Food Cravings: Still Cherry Cordial ice cream from UDF. I broke down and bought the big container finally. No more messing with the little pints these days.

How Am I Feeling: Big! Huge in fact. My belly is really starting to get in the way.
Starting to have contractions more and more. Still mostly the Braxton Hicks kind where my whole belly gets tight. They don't hurt at all but are pretty uncomfortable when I have them over and over again. When I start to get them consistantly, I lie down on my left side and drink lots of water. For real, that is what you are supposed to do when having early contractions to make them slow down or stop. I have been able to get them stopped every time so far.

Doctor Appointment Updates: Went to see Doctor A. this morning. Everything is looking good. Both babies heartbeats were on my right side...this would explain why my huge belly is lopsided all the time. He reiterated once again that I need to be taking it easy and listening to my body. When I start to have contractions I have to sit down and take it easy. And absolutely no lifting. He also is not happy about our vacation that is scheduled for Aug 7-14. He said I will be 28 weeks by then which makes my uterus 35 weeks. I suggested that we talk about it when we get closer to the day and see how I'm doing. I see no point in jumping to conclusions right now. Dr. A wants to see me in 3 weeks for another OB check and then every 2 weeks after that. He also scheduled me for another ultrasound in 3 weeks to check on the growth rates of the babies and to monitor my cervix to make sure it is still closed. I will have to continue to have those at least every 3-4 weeks as well.

What Happened Last Week: A lot!!!!!! Packed boxes all week. Closed on the new house Tuesday. Had appliances delivered on Wednesday. On Thursday, Adam borrowed my Dad's truck from work and moved nearly our entire basement. We have tons and tons of stuff in our basement so this "little" project was no cake walk. I, of course, was useless seeing as how I cannot lift anything and can barely walk up the stairs anymore. Adam's dad and mom came over to help him after they got off work and were able to get the job finished up by about 7pm. Thanks to all of their hard work, we shaved about $400-500 off of our moving estimate. Way to go Adam!!!!! Also huge thanks to my Dad for letting us use his work truck, during business hours, to move our stuff!
Friday was the BIG day. The movers showed up about 9:30am and worked their butts off. They were so kind and so helpful. I have nothing but great things to say about these guys. They had all of our stuff moved in by 7pm. It was awesome!
Adam's mom, his sister Catherine and her boyfriend, Dan all came over to help us out. There wasn't a whole lot for them to do before the movers had unloaded but after that, they really got down to business. They put up all of our temporary blinds(I am so weird about having window coverings), put all of the beds together, they also set up our TVs (most important), and Vicki and Catherine made our bed and Max's bed. There is NO WAY we would have gotten all of it done without them. It was a huge help!
My parents picked up Max and Brooks in the morning and kept them all day for us. They brought them both home after the movers had left and also brought us dinner! It was soooo good and so nice to have home-cooked food rather than fast-food. Max was so excited to be home at the "new house"!!
On Saturday, Adam's mom, Catherine and Dan came over and picked up Max and took him to see Marmaduke at the movie theater. Again a huge help and he had a great time. Adam's brothers, Zac and Dominic, and my Dad came over to help assemble all of the shelving units in our unfinished basement. We have 6 of them so it was a really big job. Even bigger of a job was organizing and putting away all of our rubbermaid bins filled with our stuff that Adam had spent all day moving on Thursday. No kidding, on Friday the unfinished basement was a MOUNTAIN of bins and random stuff and by Saturday at 2pm, it looked like an organized room with almost everything put back in its place. It was truly amazing and a huge relief. I thought for sure I was going to have to do it all myself but they did such a great job!
Also on Saturday, Jen (who got a babysitter for her two kids) and my mommy came over and unpacked and organized my entire kitchen...Thank the lord! The house finally started to feel like home once the kitchen was all put away.
I also cannot leave out that my mom went grocery shopping for us too...This in addition to all of the other things she has already done to help us out. What would we do without our mommies?!
Nor can I leave out that with all the help Adam got from people on Saturday, he was able to go over to the old house and pick up a bunch more odds and ends AND even vaccumed the entire house. He says it was pretty easy given that there was no furniture but for me it would have just been ANOTHER thing I would have had to do. I will just add that amazing thing to the mile-long list of other amazing things my husband has done for me this past week.

In other goings on: Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there!

1 comment:

  1. Well it certainly sounds like you've accomplished a lot. I'd like to offer, if you doctor tells you "no" on that vacation, I'm happy to fill in for you! Ha ha! I'm sure all will go smoothly and you'll be a-ok for one last get away before the babies arrive. It's amazing how quickly it all seems like it's going now! Good luck with the rest of settling in, if you'd like a shopping partner to help the home decorating, I'm always available! Seriously, call anytime, I'm happy to pitch in and I'm sure Avery and Colton could help Max put away his toys. And by "put away", of course, I mean play with! Keep resting and take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete