How Far Along: 31 weeks 4 days
Total Weight Gain: 31 pounds as of yesterday
Movement: Not really slowing down like I thought it would at this point.
Food Cravings: Well, I have a huge appetite but as soon as I start to put food in my mouth I don't feel like eating it anymore. I guess because I am so big now. It kind of stinks though because there are so many things I want to eat and sound so good but I just can't get them down.
Clothing: ATTENTION: Does anyone have Omar's number???? The only thing that will fit me these days is a tent!
Stretch Marks: I am removing this section from the weekly updates...It just depresses me.
How I Am Feeling: I feel better as far as the kidney stones go. I am unable to sleep at this point and that isn't so fun. I go to sleep around 11ish and wake up at 1-2am and then again at 4am and then again at 6am, etc...It is very frustrating and very exhausting.
On the upside, my contraction situation seems to have greatly improved on this higher dose of Procardia. My restrictions have started to be lifted...some. I feel like I can get a lot more stuff done during the day than I could before. Granted, when I say I can a lot more done I mean, I can take a shower AND get dressed rather than just taking a shower and then needing to take a nap afterwards to gain the strength to get dressed. :) I know...what a fata$$!
Labor Signs: none yet...Like I said contractions have slowed. Cervical check on Monday showed that I am holding strong at 1cm and very thick...Excellent!
Complaint Department: My uterus is measured 38-39 weeks at my appointment on Monday. This means I am full-term size. Being this big is beyond uncomfortable...now it just plain hurts.
Good News: Ultrasound yesterday showed that baby girl is still vertex (head down) and baby boy is now breech. As long as she stays vertex we can attempt a vaginal delivery. It does not matter what position he is in. I am very relieved with this news given that I would like to avoid a c-section at all costs. I know that I still have quite a way to go and that babies could move around lots but it is a glimmer of hope that maybe the delivery I was hoping for will be a possibility.
In other good news, I have some official weights for babies...drumroll please...Baby A is weighing in at 4lbs and Baby B at 3lbs 12 oz!!!! EEEEEEK!! So exciting!! At this point their weight gain will start to taper off a bit and they will only be putting on roughly 5oz a week but still, these weights are above-average and a great place to be right now!
Other Stuff: These were delivered to me this week from my Nonnie and Papa.
They are GORGEOUS and smell divine!! The pictures do not do them justice. There is nothing quite like having a beautiful bouquet of flowers delivered to you brighten your day! It was such a sweet thing for them to do. I love them so much.
I just thought I would share this too because I think it is funny. Max keeps asking me when the babies are going to be here. We told him around Halloween a long time ago, so naturally, like any 3-year-old, he asks me everyday if it is Halloween yet. I thought it might be a good idea to show him, rather than tell him, when the babies will be here, so here is what we came up with.
I know it looks like a mess but he has taken to it really well. We have it taped to the nursery door which is right across the hall from his room. He colors in one square every morning. It has really helped him to sort of grasp how much time we have left...like any of us really know.
It's unbelievable to think that your belly is already measuring full term...I cannot imagine how uncomfortable it must be. I hope you get relief soon but not let those babies out before it's too soon. I am so happy to hear that your contractions have slowed. Love the pic of your belly...
ReplyDeleteCourt, I know it has to be very uncomfortable but I think you look really cute!!
ReplyDeleteCan't believe you are almost there!!!!!