How Far Along: 32 weeks 3 days! 32 weeks was my first goal and I made it!!
Total Weight Gain: 33 pounds as of yesterday...2 more pounds in one week...hey there chunks...how you doin?
Movement: Seriously. These kids are NUTS. When I lay down to sleep on my left side, Baby A feels like she is literally clawing out of my skin. I swear I feel fingers. So I lay on my right side and Baby B does the same thing!
They are crazy movers. A is crazier than B, but B gets me with the high-rise movements and my skin literally lifts up a couple inches when he shifts positions and will sometimes stay like that until I push his little back or butt down. It's kind of creepy!
I have been getting more elbow, foot, hand and knees popping out, too. But the craziest thing is when Baby A is doing the "freak out." She moves around so quickly and violently that it makes the couch/bed move. All I know is that I gasp a lot and say "ouch" a lot. Sometimes I think they are about to bust right out of my skin...or out of other places. I know I will miss feeling them move around inside of me when they are here, but I won't miss the pain!
Food Cravings: After I posted last week about not being able to eat, things turned around for me a little bit. It is really a minute by minute thing but what I most want is milk! With cookies, cereal, cake, you name it but milk! yum
Clothing: I have nothing left to say
How I Am Feeling: Not well. Very uncomfortable. Very fatigued. There is no comfortable way for me to sit, stand, or lie down...sucks. My hips, especially my left one from my butt cheek down to my knee, is sometimes excrutiatingly painful to lie on. I really cannot breathe when I lay on my right side now so I'm kind of screwed. When I stand up my left hip and leg go completely numb. Sitting up in bed, with my legs completely spread (ladylike, I know) or indian-style sometimes works for a little bit but then the whole hip pain/numbness thing kicks right back in.
Procardia's effectiveness is starting to plateau. Towards the end of a 12-hour dose, I am REALLY feeling contractions. They ain't no walk in the park either. These are fierce, squeezing from the top and taking my breath away to radiating down and wrapping around my right side until my tail bone feels like someone is stepping on me and trying to break my back, kind of contractions. At this point they are still not progressing me along so I guess they are harmless but everyday they get more and more intense. Dr. A said I can up my dose of Procardia to 3x a day or every 8 hours but that it would be the absolute highest dose I could take. Taking so much of it is going to lower my blood pressure and make me feel crumby too. I guess we are going to have to see which would make me feel worse.
Labor Signs: Cervical check on Monday showed cervix to be long and mostly closed...no changes.
Complaint Department: I think I already did this up above.
Good News: Making it this far! This is such a huge accomplishment for me. I thought I was doomed when I started to dilate at 28 weeks but what do ya know?...here I am still pregnant and with showing no immediate signs of impending labor. Next goal: 34 weeks
Other Stuff: After my appointment with Dr. A this week, he has dedided to do weekly ultrasounds to keep tabs on the babies. So the first one is this Thursday and that will be a Bio Physical Profile to check for breathing and heartrates as well as fluid levels. They take about an hour+. Hope the u/s tech is willing to do them on my side because I do not think I can lay on my back without passing out or throwing up for that long. After Thursday, I will start to go in every Tuesday for Biophysicals with a growth scan every-other week to check for weights.
I have also switched my weekly OB appointments to Fridays. Since I was just there on Monday, and next Monday is Labor day, I will not be in until the following Friday. I will be one day away from my 34 week mark then...Woot Woot!
UPDATE:
I wrote this post a couple of days ago and haven't had a chance to publish it yet. I had my BPP (Bio Physical Profile) ultrasound this morning and wanted to include that info as well.
Amniotic fluid levels for both babies were more than sufficient. Both babies were practicing there breathing and movements...THOROUGHLY! Both heartrates were great. The only not-so-great thing was that Baby A has moved from vertex (head-down) to transverse-oblique and Baby B is now transverse again as well. I think it is not that big of a deal because it seems as though their positions are changing all the time and there is still plenty of time and space for them to move again.
All in all, I would say it was a great appointment.
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great to hear you're still going strong. Sounds like utter misery though, I'm so sorry to hear you're in so much pain! I can't imagine feeling like that on top of managing a 3 year old little boy - what at trooper you are!
ReplyDelete