Friday, March 12, 2010

First OB appointment was today...

Finally, I am just another pregnant lady...Well, not really. I guess since I have twins in there it isn't quite as normal as others but it is still nice to feel a little bit normal for once.
My intial appointment went pretty well. He did an exam, yay for me!! We also talked for quite a while about all the risks to carrying twins. We also talked about how I will most likely be delivering over a month before my due date. Seems so early to me but I guess that is very normal for multiples. He wants me to have an ultrasound next Wednesday to make sure the babies are still doing well. Crossing my fingers that both those hearts are still beating away.
On another note...Max is being absolutely adorable about all of this. He snuggles with me every night before he goes to bed and he puts his little hand on my belly. He whispers in my ear in the cutest little voice, "Mama, are the babies in your belly?" He won't put his head on my belly though because he thinks he will "break them". His words, not ours. This morning, I had to take him to the doctor with me. As soon as we got to the exam room the nurse asked me to give a urine sample. Obviously, I couldn't leave him outside of the bathroom so I wheeled him in his stroller right in there with me. I started to open the sample cup and he asked me what I was doing. I told him that I had to pee in the cup so that Dr. A could make sure the babies were doing ok. After I finished up, put the top on the cup, and opened the little door to give the nurse the sample, Max looked up at me with those big, blue eyes of his and pointed at my sample cup full of pee and said, "Mama, the babies in there?" It took every part of me not to laugh. I, of course, explained that no, I had not just peed out our babies and they were still safe in mommy's belly. Oh geez, the things kids say. He says the cutest, funniest stuff these days.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure "normal" would feel good for a change. Glad to hear things are looking good. Good luck on Wednesday and I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete