Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bad blogger

I'm sorry that I have not posted in a while. I have been feeling pretty icky these past couple of weeks. I'm really nauseous and really tired. Not a good excuse, I know.
We had our second ultrasound of Friday. It was great to see our two babies in there safe and sound again. But the best part of all was seeing those two beautiful flickering hearts. What a miracle it is that in just one short week a heart can begin to beat. God is so great!
I also "graduated" on Friday. My RE, Dr.T, released me to my OB. She said that everything looked great and there was no reason to keep seeing her. I was strangely sad to say goodbye to her and her staff. They have been unbelievable kind and caring throughout this entire process. I truly felt that they were right there with us every step of the way sharing our sadness at times and overwhelming excitement when we finally had good news. I got a bunch of huge hugs from all of them and left with the promise that I would be back to introduce them to our bundles of joy when they arrive.
My first OB appointment is this Friday. I do not think we will be doing an u/s that day. I think this is just the standard intake check. I'll let you know how it goes.
One more thing, after a lot of careful thought, Adam and I have decided that we will not be sharing our news for quite some time. When I made my intial OB appointment, I was reminded that twin pregnancies are not the same as singleton pregnancies. The risk of loss is so much greater. We really do not want to have to go through the process of rescinding our happy news, if God forbid, something were to happen to one or both of them. So, unfortunately, we are going to have to keep this to ourselves for longer than we had originally expected. I hope you all can understand and respect our wishes.

3 comments:

  1. Court, Not telling is very painful, but we respect your and Adam's wishes. Things will go well with this pregnancy just like it did with Miracle Baby Max. I know because I am your dad, and my word is the final one LOL ! I can't wait to become an "Uppo" again, I think I am as excited as both of you. God bless, it will all work out in the end, and if it is not worked out, it is not the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear the ultrasound went well. I can't even imagine the excitement and thrill you must both be feeling - two at once!!! Will continue to help "keep the secret" can't wait until you guys can tell the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you guys....I have missed you posting...I have been checking everyday...except while we were in Russia. :) We are just so happy for you guys. Definately will keep it a secret..not to worry.
    I hope you start feeling better soon.
    Twins...How awesome is that!!!

    ReplyDelete