Saturday, May 1, 2010

14 weeks

I don't have a ton of stuff to post this time because I had such a big post last week. If you missed it, please scroll down and read it. It is loaded with pics and other breaking news

How Far Along: 14 weeks

Total Weight Gain: no clue...I'll update next week after my OB check up this Friday.

Best Moment This Week: Max ran and hugged me at school when I came to pick him up. He never does this and it always (secretly of course) makes me a little sad. This time he ran straight over to me and threw his little arms around my legs. I was grinning from ear to ear the rest of the day. I think some little birdie (Daddy) might have talked to him about it but I am not sure. Doesn't matter because it made my week.

Movement: Feeling a few more little taps and flutters. It is great to know they are there saying "hi mommy".

Food Cravings: last time I said I wanted red meat and Adam took me to Outback that night...It was delish. Today we had Chipotle which was the best I have ever eaten there so that could be my craving for the next couple of weeks. I have been eating a lot of Larosa's cheese pizza with traditional crust lately. I order it that way in hopes that it will taste just like the Larosa's pizza at King's Island. YUM! Still want milk and cereal all the time. At this point though, I am pretty settled on that Fruit Loops are my favorite.

Belly Button Innie Or Outtie: Outtie When we were in Gatlinburg this past weekend and I was getting out of the shower, Adam pointed at me and said "by the way, you're and outtie now". So I guess this will be the last time this section will be on my weekly updates from now on. We all know it's not going back in anytime soon.

Concerns: According to a very well-respected OB in the multiples community and also the author of the book I am currently reading, I should have gained 20lbs by 20 weeks gestation. This helps to plump up the babies early on so that they have a better chance of being viable if born too early. Seeing as how you lose much of your third trimester in a multiples pregnancy due to early delivery, you lose some much needed time for your babies to bulk up right before delivery. That is why you have to pack on the pounds early. I am trying to do this but it is really hard to do what they are asking. For now, I have added tons of higher protein foods in such as meats and seafood, almonds, protein bars, along with 1 protein shake a day, not as a meal substitution, but as a meal supplementation. I am also eating lots of fatty foods like avocado, cheese, cream cheese (full-fat), drinking 2% milk rather than the usual skim, ice cream, reese's cups...oops, that one isn't very benefial but it tastes good. You get the picture though...I will be one big tub-o-lard come 30 weeks.

What Is Coming Up This Week: OB check-up on Friday. I am finishing up the plans for our laundry room in our new house with the builder on Thursday. I am very excited about this because I have always wanted a well-designed, functional laundry room. Hopefully it turns out the way I envisioned it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm back in town and was pleased to see all of the healthy/great updates!! It was awesome to see the little babies and the house is just as gorgeous as I imagined! Congrats, and keep the good news coming...you guys so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete