Tuesday, May 18, 2010

16 weeks!




How Far Along: 16 weeks!...4 months!

Total Weight Gain: 7 pounds. I am feeling optimistic about weight gain at my next appointment in a few weeks because I finally feel like I have an appetite. It is so nice to actually want to eat instead of forcing myself to eat every meal like I have been up to this point.

Best Moment This Week: We spent all of Saturday at my parent's house planting flowers for my Mommy. It was her Mother's Day gift from us and she loved it. It was so nice to spend some QT with my parents and not have anything else on the agenda. I mean let's be honest all she wanted for Mother's Day was to spend time with us anyway.
Second Best Moment This Week: While at my parent's house I got this insane craving for a creamsicle. I went rooting around in their freezer hoping to find something to satisfy me and all I found were healthy things!...Two thumbs down to that says the pregnant lady!! Just as I was walking out the back door of the house feeling defeated, I heard the sweet sound of the ice cream man. Unfortunately he decided not to come into the neighborhood despite the fact that my mom walked me all the way down to the end of the street to the main road and stood there with me waiving her arms wildly trying to flag him down. When we got back to the house with no ice cream treats, my dad did not hesitate to grab the car keys and drive me down to UDF so I could get my creamsicle...They didn't have any...of course! Then he drove me to Kroger to insure that I would get my much desired creamsicle. Victory! They did have them...Thank goodness. He only had to buy me a box of 12 in order for me to get the 1 I had originally hoped for. When we got home I ate two in a row (first time in my life I have ever eaten two popsicles in one sitting). They were spectacular. I am enjoying another one right now as I type out this post...Delish!!! Thank you Daddy!!

Movement: Finally feeling some nice strong kicks!

Food Cravings: crab legs, creamsicles

Concerns: none

What Is Coming Up This Week: Another open house...Yay...I love cleaning my house for strangers.

3 comments:

  1. What a great Dad you have!! How sweet of him to go and get you your craving. Your Baby Belly is so cute. It's also more fun to eat when you actually want to eat...now the big weight gain will begin...LOL...Ok so I have to say....I wish I had your love for cleaning the house...Argh....I get depressed when I even think about it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crab legs and creamsicles...sounds like you could have a new ice cream truck business selling the two around town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just caught up on your postings. Sounds like things are going well. Glad to hear.

    ReplyDelete