How Far Along: 20 weeks!! Holy belly batman! I cannot believe the babies are half-baked and I cannot believe how big my belly is!!
Total Weight Gain: 10 pounds
Movement: Lots in the morning, lots at night. Mostly when I am lying still.
Food Cravings: Cherry Cordial ice cream from UDF.
How Am I Feeling: Big!
What Happened Last Week: First off was a lot of packing. I am pretty much useless in this department now considering my OB told me I was not to lift anything over 5lbs and limit my trips up and down stairs to no more than 4 times a day! Has he ever moved before? I mean really?! None-the-less, my hubby has been super helpful and doing most of the work. My cousin Kelly hired a babysitter to watch her kids all day last Friday and came over and packed nearly my entire kitchen. She was a life-saver!!!! My mom has also been helping a great deal as well. She helped pack up the dining room and the rest of the kitchen as well as a ton of stuff in the basement. Most of all though, she has been my moral support through this. I have felt extremely overwhelmed more than a couple of times with this move and this pregnancy and she has been there to stop me from going on a little vaca to crazy town.
In other goings on this week, we went to a Harry Connick Jr. concert on Saturday night. My brother, Martin, works on the lighting crew and travels with the tour. He got us tickets to the show and after-show passes. It was such a cool experience. We got to see Harry's tour bus, the bus that Martin travels and sleeps on, and some behind-the-scenes stuff too. The show was at Riverbend and we had GREAT seats so close to the stage. Harry is a great singer and put on a very entertaining show...never knew what a funny guy he was. He even mentioned Martin during the show!! Made me so proud!...My mom and dad could not stop smiling.
The absolute BEST part of the show though, were the after-show passes that Martin scored for all of us. We got to meet Harry and shake his hand, he autographed some stuff for us and we took some pictures with him. He was so kind in taking the time to talk to us, he told us what a great job Martin does for him. He also said that they had just had lunch together earlier that day! It was very cool of him to take the time with us like that. He seems like a real stand-up, classy, kind of guy.
Here are some pics:
Harry
Max laughing at Harry's jokes
Meet and greet with the big star
My autographed ticket and after-show pass
What Is Coming Up This Week: WE CLOSED ON OUR NEW HOUSE!! Now it is time to move into it! Tomorrow we start to move a lot of stuff ourselves and then Friday the movers are coming to move all the big stuff. It is very exciting and very stressful all at the same time. I cannot wait to be settled into our new house...I love it more every time I am in it!
Also coming up, I have another OB check-up this coming week. Just my usual appointment every three weeks. The only difference is that now he will start checking my cervix at each appointment though to make sure it isnt't shortening at all. Don't know much about a shortening cervix other than that it can cause pre-term labor. It is something they watch very closely in multiple pregnancies. I will also begin to have monthly ultrasounds at this point called growth scans. These are to monitor the development of the babies to make sure they are both growing at the same rate and are very close in weight. So far, so good.
In other news:
IT'S A BOY AND A GIRL!!!!!!!!!
We are unbelievably excited about this! Couldn't possibly be happier.
Final Thoughts: Thank you to my family and friends for all of your kind offers of help during this move. It has been so hard on me physically...so much harder than I ever expected. I was really worried that Adam would be stuck doing everything but I see now how everyone is rallying around us. We are so grateful for the support and love you have shown us...Thank you to each and every one of you!
I will not be able to update blog until next week around this time due to how busy we are with moving. Sorry guys. I'll try to be better once we are settled in.
OMG!!!!! What an absolute blessing....a boy and a girl...I got so excited when I saw the pic of the onzies...which by the way are absolutely adorable!! I am so incredibly elated for you guys. Your belly is growing and so adorable. You look great pregnant! I was thinking about you earlier this week....This Saturday is the first blueberry picking...MMMMMM I can taste them already.
ReplyDeleteIf you would like I would be more than happy to pick you all some and bring them by. You know I don't miss it and I'm sure your babies would love to eat some fresh blueberries. :)
Look at that belly! So adorable!! I love the baby t's, really cute. Please call me anytime I can do something to pitch in. I'd love to help out wherever I can be of use. You look great and you're doing AMAZINGLY! You're holding up like a trooper with all you're dealing with. The concert looked like fun, great pics! Good luck with the rest of the move and just think, soon you can kick your feet up and relax in your brand new house!!!
ReplyDelete