Sunday, June 6, 2010

19 weeks!!!

How Far Along: 19 weeks! Can't believe it! I am almost half way there. Actually, I guess I am half way there since I won't deliver past 38 weeks!

Total Weight Gain: 10 pounds

Movement: Lots and lots. I can feel Baby A (closest to cervix) kicking me all the time. Baby B up further and to the right of my belly button I cannot feel as much. The ultrasound tech told us that Baby A's placenta is behind it so I am able to feel the kicks because there is nothing in the way. Baby B's placenta is in front of it and thus "in the way" of the kicks. I never knew that the placement of the placenta could affect feeling movement. Pretty cool.

Food Cravings: none. I am eating lots of donuts these days though.

How Am I Feeling: No kidney issues right now. I am extremely uncomfortable though. I think baby A is so low that it feels like I have a bowling ball on my cervix...sorry for the TMI. It feels like the pressure I had at 37 weeks when I was pregnant with Max...Like when I stand up my water is going to break. I know it won't but that is how much pressure I have all the time. It really scares me because I cannot believe that I am complaining this early on, I have so much further to go. I am hoping that they move around and give me a break soon.

What Is Coming Up This Week: Packing up the house to move...yuck. Excited to live in the new house but NOT excited to move. I HATE MOVING!

In other news: Max's dentist appointment two weeks ago went great! No cavities. The dentist gave him an A++ for his brushing skills and spacing of his teeth.

On Friday morning Max woke up with the sniffles and seemed to be feeling a little "off". By noon he had a fever. By 4pm his fever was 105. I should note that Max tend to run extremely high fevers when he gets sick. I panicked the first time but now I am trying to get used to it. I gave him Motrin (generic of course) and alternated with Tylenol (generic) and pull a cool compress on the back of his neck. Got the fever down pretty well. He perked up a lot after that. Fast forward to Saturday morning. He woke up with another high fever and pointing to his throat saying his mouth hurt. I got out a flashlight and looked...EEEK!...tons of little white and red blisters covered his tonsils and back of his throat. I have never seen anything like this. Gave him more Motrin and took him to the pediatrician. He has hand foot and mouth disease. Best of all, it is viral so there is no treatment. I can only give him Motrin and Tylenol to keep him comfortable.
On the upside for him, the pedi said to feed him ice cream until he feels better. So, Max has been surviving and thriving, I might add, on a strict diet of milkshakes, jell-o, and blue gatorade...all of the things he is not normally allowed to have. Hoping he feels better soon because it looks like it is very painful.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Max.....That Virus is just awful...I actually had that about 7 yrs ago. It was just horrible.
    Wow I just cannot believe that you are 19 weeks along..time just flies. You need to post another belly pic. They are so cute! Good luck with the move. Your new crib is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Max gets better VERY soon...poor little guy. Hang in there Court...once this move is behind you, I hope you are able to lay low and relax a bit :)

    ReplyDelete