Monday, April 19, 2010

How Far Along: 12 weeks

Total Weight Gain: still 4 pounds

How I'm Feeling: Tired, fatigued...way more than I was earlier on in this pregnancy which seems kind of weird to me. Nausea seems to be getting better though. I rarely throw up now, maybe only once a week. I have also stopped taking my anti-nausea medication regularly and have moved to only taking it on an as needed basis.

Maternity Clothes: I am strictly wearing maternity pants at this point but am still able to wear a few non-maternity tops, although this is seeming to be less realistic as each day goes by.

Best Moment This Week: Our 5 year wedding anniversary was last Friday and Adam brought home a beautiful bouquet of flowers for me. They are gorgeous just like he is.
Ok, I have a second best moment, Max has finally started pooping on the potty. Please do not judge us...We have tried everything...I know he is 3.5 but he just wouldn't do it...UNTIL NOW!! He has been completely daytime potty trained and wearing underwear for about 9 months now. But he would only poop in a diaper, which he would ask for every night before bed. I am not sure what changed his mind but he is now pooping on the potty and tonight was the 4th night in a row. To say that Adam and I are thrilled is a bit of an understatement...Oh and extremely relieved. I was starting to have nightmares about sending him to kindergarten with a diaper packed in his backpack so that in case he had to poop at school, he could run in the bathroom and put in on. Yikes!!! Yay for Max!!!!!

Movement: Nothing yet.

Food Cravings: Still junky cereal and tons of Milk. Doughnuts. Only the yeast kind with the glossy chocolate icing and German Chocolate Danish from Bonnie Lynn Bakery. Yummy. This is not food but I thought I would share anyway...I cannot, repeat cannot get enough water to quench my thirst. I just drink and drink and drink all day long. I do not remember this strange side effect of pregnancy the from the last time around. Oh, and I am seriously craving some P.F.Chang's. Adam was going to drive way out there to get some for me tonight but then I remembered that I have an appoinment down at Christ Hospital tomorrow and will be passing right by it on my way home...any guesses as to what I will be eating for dinner tomorrow night?!? Can't wait

Food Aversions: None

Belly Button Innie Or Outtie: Innie but it is on its way out.

What Is Coming Up This Week: We are going on a little family get-a-way this weekend. Really looking forward to some time away.

3 comments:

  1. No judgement here on the potty training - Colton will be 3 in May and we JUST got to peeing on the potty! I think boys just take a little longer to get around to actually potty training. Congrats to Max and, of course, so happy to hear that things are progressing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly No judgement here either....I am actually jealous....Ethan is only a month younger than Max and wants Nothing to do with Potty Training. He has done it and knows how but would rather go in a diaper and let me do the work, if you know what I mean.
    We have tried everything but buy him a new mustang...he cannot be bought.LOL
    Oh well I have actually stopped pushing him and just hope he starts to take an interest soon. So we have two in Diapers....and you will too soon. :)
    Have a great time on your getaway, sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. REALLY glad to hear how well everything is going and that you are feeling better! I cannot believe that it has been 12 weeks already!! Have an awesome time this weekend.

    ReplyDelete