Monday, April 5, 2010

10 weeks 2 days

I will start off with an update. I was discharged from the hospital on Thursday night. Got home around 8pm. Once I was able to control my pain level on oral medication and able to pass an acceptable amount of urine (the urine police checked), I was allowed to go home. I was instructed to continue to drink a minimum of 12-8oz glasses of water every day and continue to strain my urine, yay for me!!! So, I have to pee in this basin thingy every time I go, which when you are drinking that much water AND you are pregnant, is every 20-30 minutes, and then strain it through what looks like a kitchen strainer...Don't worry, I won't use it to drain our spaghetti after this is over...I promise to throw it away. If I pass any stones I have to keep them in a specimen cup and take them to the doctor. I have passed a lot of sandy stuff and two tiny stones so far. I think I have more to pass still because I am still in some pain and it feels like there is something else in there. Hopefully it will be over soon.
In other news, I look very pregnant. I was showing by 7 weeks but one of the days I was in the hospital I noticed that my bump got bigger and harder. There is no hiding anything at this point. But I have to tell you, I am very proud of my bump. I have prayed long and hard to be pregnant enough to have a baby bump so it is a welcomed sight for me. I am not sure I will feel this happy and sentimental about it when I have to be rolled out of my house in a couple of months but for now I AM THRILLED!!!

Here was my bump at 7 weeks (Max wanted to kiss the babies):




Here is my bump today at 10 weeks 2 days:



Here is an ultrasound pic of the babies at 7 weeks 4 days:



We are scheduled for another ultrasound this Wednesday. They are looking more like babies rather than gummy bear/aliens by now so the pics should be a bit better. I am really looking forward to seeing them. I had an ultrasound at the hospital but was in so much pain that I couldn't even open my eyes. Adam said they looked pretty cute though. I will post some pics afterwards.

2 comments:

  1. I love the baby bump pics - you should be proud!! If Adam ever needs help wheeling you out of the house after a few more months, just give me a call - ha ha, you look great! Glad to hear you continue to feel better, hopefully no more major bumps in the road ahead. Wishing you all the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look too cute, you wear pregnant so good!!!You poor girl, I am so sorry about the Kidney Stones, that stinks. I hope you get better soon. Happy Straining! :)

    ReplyDelete