Friday, September 10, 2010

{34 weeks!!!!}




How Far Along: 34 weeks! We made it!!! This is HUGE HUGE HUGE because it is considered term for twins. This was Dr.A's goal for me and we made it. This was my second goal so I am happy to be checking it off on my list as well. I have a few more goals in mind but I have the comfort of knowing that if our babies were born today, they would most likely not suffer any long-term ill effects from it.

Total Weight Gain: Can't remember the total but I did lose a pound this week. :(

Movement: Things have slowed down a bit now.

Food Cravings: MEAT.

Also Pumpkin Spiced Lattes from Starbucks. Unfortunately I can't have very many of these right now.



Clothing: N/A. LOL! Nothing fits so I just wear sweat pants and I rotate the same three shirts and tank tops.

How I Am Feeling: If you read my last post you know that I took a pretty hard fall yesterday. I am very sore all over but to be honest, I was expecting to feel worse today than I actually do. I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up this morning because it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

As far as contractions go, I feel like since I upped my dose of Procardia to every 8 hours they have been a lot more bearable. When I have them they are more intense than they have ever been but they don't continue on in any sort of pattern. It is nice to have something to control them because I don't know that I would be able to stand it otherwise.


Labor Signs: Nope! Cervix has not changed.


Other News: So here is the big news for today, Dr. A has scheduled me for an amniocentesis on 9/24. This is going to check to see if the babies lungs are mature. If they are mature, we are going to schedule a c-section for either the following day 9/25 or Tuesday 9/28. OMG! We might be meeting our babies in 2 weeks!

Oh yeah, back up the truck, I said c-section. Dr. A took one look at my ultrasound results from Tuesday and said, "by the way, baby A is breech which means you have bought yourself a c-section." Adam and I both looked at each other and said, "but um, but you said, but um...we thought it was too early to decide something like this. Doesn't she still have time to move?" Dr. A explained that messing around with trying to deliver twins vaginally when A isn't FOR SURE head-down is not a good idea. Both Adam and I are fine with delivering whichever way is safest for the babies and for me but we were just kind of taken aback because it was so out of left field. We were not expecting to walk in and have that be the first thing he said to us.

What happened this week: On Wednesday night I ventured out of the house for my "baby dinner". In our group of friends, we have these baby dinners as a way of celebrating the upcoming arrival of our second (and beyond) babies without having a shower or big party. You get the big party the first time around but after that it is still nice to recognize and share the excitement of the rest of your little ones...just on a smaller scale.

My friend Jess, is also very close (actually closer than me) to the big day, and so we celebrated together. We all went to SOHO, our favorite spot, to eat and talk about babies. It was so nice to get out of the house and hang out with my girlfriends. It is such a rarity that we can all have a babysitter and just hang out together. For me, it was a huge morale booster because I have been stuck in bed most of this summer and have barely gotten to see my friends. It was really a fun night.

And...look at the gifts they gave me. Two boxes of Trumpette socks, one for baby girl, and one for baby boy. A gift card to Baby Gap so mommy can go shopping after the little ones arrive. And a cute little magnetic picture frame.


Here is a closer look at the socks because they are sooooo precious.


Thank you so much to my girlfriends for putting this together and for the gift. It was just what the doctor ordered!

The week ahead: Not very exciting. I have a BPP ultrasound on Tuesday morning and an OB check on Friday. I will be spending the rest of my time sitting on my big fat you-know-what.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!!! Major goal reached = bring on those Bove babies!!! I am very happy for you guys and this accomplishment :) Can't wait to meet the little ones myself...and yes, Wednesday night was very fun to hang with everyone and see the 3 hot pregnant women in person :)

    ReplyDelete