Two more items to check off the list. Took the last BCP and last Doxycycline last night. Woohoo! Moving right along. Now I am just waiting to start my cycle. Then it is on to stims.
Headache has become slightly more manageable today. I would like to say that it is because of my strong will that I was able to overcome it but sadly this is not the case...I broke down and called the nurse. She had the doctor call me in an RX for pain meds. Oh well, whatever works. Adam was nice enough to drive Max to school for me this morning. So, I woke up and got Max ready for school, ate a Pop Tart (yum), took some drugs, and went back to sleep. When I woke up at 11:30, yes I said it, the headache was down to a dull roar. Much, much, much better. Thank you lord (and thank you Vicodin).
I am meeting with someone from the anesthesia department on Thursday morning. As some of you may know, I do not react well to being "put under". So, my RE thought it would be a good idea to meet with the anesthesiologist to come up with a "care plan" for my egg retrieval procedure. I am hoping this will really put my mind at ease.
I am slightly embarrassed to tell you this, but Adam and I also have appointments on Thursday with an acupuncturist. I know, I know...It sounds hokey. But listen, it comes highly recommended by my RE, and all others in the area. Acupuncture has been proven to increase pregnancy rates in IVF cycles. Somehow it increases blood flow to your lady parts...I don't know. I don't generally put much stock into this kind of hocus pocus but I just can't argue with all the positive things I have heard about it. If nothing else, it will hopefully help me to relax and maybe ease the headaches a bit. So yay for more needles!
Thank you for all of your comments. I love reading them! You guys are amazing!
Goodnight
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you got some meds to help with your headache. Ok so I must say I am a complete Needle Phobic and the thought of acupuncture sounds daunting. Now I really know just how strong you are.
ReplyDeleteAdam is such a good husband. You both love each other very much and it's very apparent when reading your posts.
I hope you have a better day tomorrow.
I think you were a better performer than anyone on "Glee". Just my unbiased opionion from watching every performance you were ever in.
ReplyDeleteOk...I am fasinated by the acupuncture. I want to hear how that goes. Lots of people swear by it. I too would try it if I thought it would help. Hey...it can't hurt! Hang in there.
ReplyDelete