was very easy. You administer it using a very tiny insulin needle so it is pretty painless. The injection site is the hip area, which I have never done before. Regardless though, it was really easy. I think the hardest part about Lupron injections are the side effects. It causes really bad headaches and hot flashes, Yay!!! Oh and P.S., you can't take Advil when you are trying to get pregnant because it can make your lining too thin. Who knew?! I knew you couldn't take Advil when you are preggo but I didn't know I couldn't take it while TTC (trying to conceive). So, I guess I just have to suffer through the headaches, drug-free.
Oh, Adam and I also started our Doxycycline pills as well yesterday. That is an antibiotic that is standard protocol for both partners during IVF cycle. It is to prevent or clear up any kind of bacterial infection that could cause the embryos to be less-than-perfect. We will take these for 7 days.
Tomorrow is the big appointment with RE (reproductive endocrinologist). It is called "Consents and Sounding". We meet with her to sign a bunch of consenting paperwork that basically says I can't hold them liable if they make my ovaries explode...The stimulation drugs can be really dangerous if you develop OHSS (Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome). We will also be signing papers about fertilizing the eggs manually, egg-retrieval waivers, etc.
Then after we sign all the papers we do what is called a "sounding". This is when they do a mock embryo transfer. You have to drink tons of fluid to fill your bladder for an internal ultrasound. Then they insert a catheter that would contain the embryos but just has fluid for the mock transfer. They watch it on the ultrasound screen to make sure that the fluid goes all the way into the uterus where it should go.
All of this just brings us one step closer so I am pretty excited to get it out of the way. I'll let you know how it goes.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow I never knew how this all worked..It's very interesting and extensive. All of this will be worth it soon.
ReplyDelete