We signed our lives away. We also had a very uncomfortable discussion with RE about what they do with leftover frozen embryos, if there are any. Adam and I need to talk more at length about that before we come to any decisions. I think we will also be meeting with a priest regarding this issue as well. Not a decision we are able to make lightly and I am hoping for some guidance.
As for the Uterine Sounding, it went great. Very simple, uneventful. They just basically checked to make sure that my cervix is straight shot to my uterus so that the transfer goes smoothly. Apparently my cervix is straight as an arrow. I guess that is what happens when you deliver a baby vaginally.
Anyway, now Consents and Sounding is over. Yay. Check that one off the list. I feel like we are making some real progress. Now I am looking towards Jan.18. That will be the last day of BCP (birth control pills) and the last day of Doxycycline! In case we haven't discussed the BCP yet, isn't it weird that you take BCP when you are trying so hard to get pregnant?! It seems a little backwards to me but apparently they suppress your ovaries in order to prepare them for all the stimulation that is to come. They are also used to regulate your cycle. Since you have to start stims on cycle day 3, they need you to have a regular cycle and then a period so they can pinpoint day 3 exactly. The last day of BCP is such a big milestone in IVF. It seems symbolic in a way, like NOW we can really get this ball rolling. It marks the end of suppression and the beginning of stimulation. Once stims are started it all goes quickly from there.
Today was day 3 of Lupron injections and I'm feeling a little bit wiped out. It is weird actually. I feel wired and really tired all at the same time. No headaches yet though. That is a big fat plus in my book.
That is all for now. Goodnight
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is really "ironic" about the BCPs! Who would have ever guessed? Really glad the headaches are bypassing you so far and cannot wait for next Monday for you!!! It seems like all of this is going by so quickly, at least from my point of view...I understand that could be very different on your end :) You seem to be doing so well...a great example for all of us!
ReplyDeleteme
Thanks Kelly. Can't wait for the 23rd! Yay!! Got my gift already...lookout!
ReplyDeleteGeez....I never even thought about left over frozen embryos.....Wow that really is something think about. I'll add that part to my prayer for you guys. Love all the pic's you posted. Especially the one of Max only a few hours old...takes me back. Time just goes by too quick.
ReplyDeleteLove the pics. Hope your tummy is feeling better and glad no headaches. Keep smiling honey, you have lots of prayers coming your way. Love you, Mom
ReplyDelete