Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My head hurts so bad

Oh my goodness. This is awful. I hope this goes away soon. It is starting to become unbearable.
First injection last night was ok. It was a lot of measuring and mixing medications. It took about 30 minutes to prepare because I was trying to be so careful. Hopefully it will go quicker tonight.
I have two complaints about these new injections I am doing now (I know, big surprise...I am complaining about something else). One, the medication burns really bad going in. Two, it left a big welt on my skin at the injection site. It hurts pretty bad today. I guess it is a normal reaction though to the Repronex. The nurse said some people do welt from it. Lovely.
So, I am still doing the Lupron injections in the morning. And I will continue to do the stim injections (Follistim & Repronex) at night. Next follicle check with ultrasound and bloodwork will be on Thursday morning. I will post the results of that on Thursday night after they call me.
Off to acupuncture now. Hoping she can relieve my headache a little bit. Pain meds are doing nothing.

4 comments:

  1. You poor girl, so sorry about your headaches. I am hoping that accupuncture helps to ease the pain. Wow you are mixing up your meds??? Is there training for that?
    "How to mix your meds 101" or something...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the headaches, I can't even imagine. hope the acupuncture helped. Still thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thank you for your concern, the acupuncture did help some. It helped a lot during the treatment and was definitely better afterwards.
    Leah, lol, that is funny. Actually, yes, there was a whole class about IVF that we had to take before doing all this. It was like 3 hours long!!! We learned all about how to mix and inject the meds. They even had a plastic torso so the guys could practice doing the butt injections. It was pretty hilarious!

    ReplyDelete