A normal ovary is this size of the tip of your thumb. Mine are the size of small grapefruits or large oranges. Nice, huh?! The HCG trigger injection that we did last night has only made them bigger and hurt worse.
This whole egg retrieval process makes me feel a little bit like a chicken. Like, I'm going to go in tomorrow and "lay" my eggs. And the doctor is going to put them in a little box and sell them at the grocery store. It is weird that they are going to take my eggs away from me now. I will miss. I know, I have officially gone off the deep end. I can blame it on the horomones though.
So, to sum it up, I feel like my ovaries will explode at any moment. I am terribly bloated and uncomfortable. I am nervous about anesthesia tomorrow. But, on the plus side, this is the only day with no injections!!! Yay!! It is so nice. I have to start the progestrone in oil injections tomorrow (these are the bad ones, not looking forward to them). But not today, today I am needle-free.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SMALL GRAPEFRUITS!!!!! OMG! That is Huge! You poor girl..It must feel like Aunt Flow brought her monthly gift into town X 20. Sorry for that. I know that was probably a bit much! Enjoy your Needle Free Day!!!
ReplyDeleteI always read your blog with excitment because there is always something new for you to report. I can't wait to hear how the egg retrival goes. I will be thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteYou do such a good job of writing so I can understand what you are talking about.