Monday, February 15, 2010

The countdown has begun...

only two more days until my blood test!! So, since we are soooo close to the big day, let's talk a little bit about "the rules".
You all have been with me every step of the way on this, so it is only fair that good or bad, I post the results of my blood test on this blog. I do have a few concerns though. If the result is positive, and I am pregnant, there is no guarantee that it is a viable pregnancy. I have to do a series of blood tests to confirm that it is, in fact, viable. After that, I will then have to do an ultrasound at approx. 5 weeks to confirm that the pregnancy is in the uterus where it should be. After that, yes there is more, I will do ANOTHER ultrasound to check for a heartbeat. If and only if, I pass all of those tests, will I be comfortable sharing this news with close family first.
For some reason, which has yet to be understood, there is a much higher rate of miscarriage with IVF than with pregnancies conceived naturally. That is why it is so important to me, that regardless of the news on Wednesday(and beyond for that matter) that it remains PRIVATE!!! Please understand and respect our wishes for this. This whole process has been hard enough for us, we certainly would not wish to have to retract any news, if, God forbid, something were to go wrong. I do not think any of you would betray my trust, but I just wanted to remind you of what a delicate situation this is.
Having said that, you have all been my rock for this entire journey thus far..I have felt so comforted by all of your words of encouragement and prayers. Thank you for everything. It has truly meant the world to me!

4 comments:

  1. We are all praying and keeping our fingers crossed! May the next few weeks go by very quickly for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have one miracle baby, there is no reason to think the miracles won't continue !! We love you and are praying just as hard as we can. Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely understand and we are praying everyday for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a word. Wishing all the best for you guys and I'm glad you know we're all with you ALL the way!

    ReplyDelete