
I'm officially Preganant Until Proven Otherwise!
We arrived at the fertility center at 8:45am. I had to drink 48oz of fluid right before-hand in order to have a completely filled bladder. So, needless to say, I had to pee really badly. Thank goodness they took us back right away. Adam and I both had to change our clothes to maintain the sterile environment for the embryos. I had to wear a gown with a cap and booties. Adam had to wear scrubs with a cap and booties. It was nice that he finally got to feel like he was a part of the process. Don't we look great. Consider yourselves lucky that I am sharing this picture with you. If I see this picture anywhere on the internet, other than on this blog, one of you is in BIG trouble.
After changing our clothes, the nurse took us back to the sterile OR. She first checked my bladder with an ultrasound, the roll over your belly kind (which was a very refreshing change since all of mine up to this point were internal), to make sure it was full. And despite the fact that I felt like I was going to pee all over her, she said it wasn't full enough to clearly see the top of my uterus. So, she kindly brought me ANOTHER bottle of water...what a doll. I drank 90% of it. She came back to check me again with the ultrasound and said "Wow, you did a great job! Now it's full." I said "I didn't come this far to half-ass it now!"
Then the embryologist, Wendy, came in to talk to us about the embryos. She also told us that one of them is a grade:1 perfect compacted morula-stage embryo and the other one is a grade:1.5 compacting pre-morula-stage embryo. These are fabulous grades!!! They do not often give out a grade 1...It is very rare. Most of the time, very good embryos are graded 1.5 or 2. Our babies are so advanced for their ages. They each have roughly 10-30 cells and the cell walls are all starting to blend together which means they are communicating to form a blastocyst. A blastocyst is what they will be tomorrow and it is the stage right before hatching. Once they hatch, they will then have the ability to implant.
Wendy also gave us a picture of our embabies. Meet Billy and Harry (Adam's names, not mine!!). Aren't they adorable?!
After we talked to Wendy for a little while, Dr.T came in. She put in the speculum, while the nurse was still doing the ultrasound, and then inserted the catheter into my uterus. This was just for a test run. Then Wendy took the embryos out of the inucbator in the lab and brought them to Dr.T. She then injected them into the catheter. Adam and I held hands tightly and watched on the ultrasound screen, as the two little glowing dots went out of the catheter and into to the top of my uterus. Tears just poured down my cheeks, I have no idea why. I was not expecting to cry at all! Adam kept asking me if I was ok, over and over again.
Here is the ultrasound picture of our embabies in my uterus. I know it is not a very clear picture but I circled them in red so you could imagine a little bit better. You may have to get really close to your computer screen and squint to see the red circle...but it is there.
After we finished the transfer, I had to lay down for about 20-30 minutes. They also let me empty my bladder...Thank God!! That was it. It was very easy and very emotional. I am still not sure why I was crying by the way, I guess everything hit me all at once. All of the work we have done to get to this point, we were finally to the end of the road. It was finally here! I am finally going to be pregnant! We are finally going to have a baby brother or sister for Max! They were tears of happiness, joy, overwhelming love, and relief.
Courtney I got very emotional reading your post....I know exactly why you were crying...it's everything you both have worked so hard for for leading up to that moment is very emotional.....We are so happy and are continuing to pray for you guys. Can't wait to hear more...
ReplyDeleteGod is getting annoyed with Mom and Me for bothering him with so much prayer ! Hopefully this will give you guys the baby(s) you are hoping for. Now we wait..........and pray some more. Here's to a great job to you and Adam for all your work and perserverance. It will pay off. Neve give up !
ReplyDeleteThis process is truly unbelievable....like someone stated on another post...you write so well that I feel like I am there every step of the way!! Congratulations to you and Adam for doing an amazing job through all of this. Like you said, I cannot believe this day is here and am so very very happy for you guys. I will also continue to pray often. Love you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteYEAH!!!!! That is thrilling news. Can't wait to hear more - you really should be a professional "blogger" you do such a great job on this. I'm beyond happy for you and can't wait to hear about the days to come!!!
ReplyDeleteCourtney and Adam:
ReplyDeleteCongratulations,I will continue to pray for these two miracle babies. Courtney, you have written an awesome story for all of us, and we feel like we are on the journey with you. Altough you are doing all the hard work.I love reading the blog and I love you.Keep us posted and I will continue to pray. Love Aunt Lynn